1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

tribute?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by thebassist1234, May 13, 2006.

1. thebassist1234

thebassist1234

Feb 12, 2006
    How is it compared to the fender standard series? Im looking at either this or a deluxe active jazz to replace my fender mim p that i hate

2. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    I bought a new Tribute L2K and it immediately replaced 3 of my other basses. Very nicely made, beautiful wood (it's natural with a satin maple FB, so there's no place to hide), versatile electronics and a killer sound.

I haven't been this excited over a new axe since I bought my LP goldtop in 1997. It gets the fat P sound, an individual percussive sound, and others I can't label but which come up on particular songs.

If the G&Ls are better, they are damned good. I can't directly compare it to a Fender Standard, but it kills all my other basses, most of which were extensively tweaked to get a good sound.

If this sounds like an ad, so be it. I haven't found anything to beat it.

3. i bought a tribute JB2 from a fellow tb'er and it's an amazing bass, considering it's cost. sorry i can't give you a comparison to the deluxe jazz but i have owned mim jazzes and the tribute is much better built and with the usa pickups it sounds great too.

4. The original G&L's arn't that much better, the tribute ones are made in korea, but with the same attention to detail and quality as the american one's. And I'd say that it's a better deal than any Fender (I tried MM's for 2000 €, and fenders for at least 1500 € before I settled for buying mine)

5. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    Tributes are of great quality. If you want G&L sound and not a Fender sound, go G&L Tribute and save some change.

Dave