Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trick or Treat? Avishai Cohen

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Chris Fitzgerald, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Just a word to announce that the Avishai Cohen Quartet will be playing this coming Friday (Halloween) and Saturday, Oct. 31 and November 1, at the Jazz Factory here in Louisville. Tickets are $15, and the sets are at 9 and 11 P.M.

The Jazz Factory is located at 815 W. Market Street in the Glassworks building, with free parking available in the lot directly across the street. Advance Tickets may be purchased online at: www.jazzfactory.us , or by calling 502.992.3242 . If anyone out there is planning to go to the Friday night show, shoot me a PM so we can hook up. Hope to see some TBers there!

2. youngheo

youngheo

Jul 30, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    hello, Chris..

I know it's old thread.. But, do you remember what kind of string he was using with his bass?

I could not find any info on his bass string.. He sounds so good both acro and pizz..

thanks in advance.

-young

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I don't remember for sure, but I think he may have been using spiro weichs. He was using a little clip-on mic mixed with a realist, and got a great live sound. I've seen him again since, and he sounded great both times. Sam Barsh also was a hoot to watch.