1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Featured Trickfish Amplification Announces the TF212V Bass Cabinet

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Apr 17, 2019.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Houston, TX - April 8, 2019 – Trickfish Amplification is proud to announce the release of the TF212V bass speaker cabinet. The TF212V is the latest addition to our overwhelmingly popular line of 12″ speaker cabinets. The cabinet features our proprietary 12” Eminence drivers for a smooth, deep tone that handles 400 watts RMS. The TF212V has a frequency response of 40Hz – 16kHz and weighs only 56 lbs.!

This new design shares the same dimensions as our TF210V making it a compact stand-alone powerhouse or a great match for a TF112, TF210V or a second TF212V! Like the TF210V, the TF212V is designed to stand vertically, making it ear-friendly as a stand-alone cabinet or even when stacked as a pair. The TF212V is constructed from 15mm Baltic Birch ply and features two steel handles, metal corners and intense structural bracing that help mitigate unwanted resonance.

TF212V Specifications:

· 2 x 12” proprietary Neodymium speaker built by Eminence®

· HF driver (3500-20,000 Hz) 80° conical horn

· 8 Ohm

· 400 watts RMS / 800 watts peak handling

· Frequency Response: 40Hz – 16kHz

· Custom crossover with peak protection and HF Attenuation

· 2 x NL2 Combo connectors

· H 27 x W 18 x D 17

· Weight: 56 lbs.

· Made in the USA

Trickfish TF212V.

The Trickfish TF212V is shipping now with a street price of $1149, available directly from www.trickfishamps.com

2. JCW308

JCW308

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    Two 12-inch Neo speakers and it's still a whopping "ONLY" 56 lbs? Why so heavy? Otherwise I would be buying this right now.

agent19 likes this.
  3. ryanowens

ryanowens Commercial User

Feb 1, 2004
    Houston
    Trickfish Amplificaton
    The NEO drivers do offer a substantial weight advantage but we did not want to compromise on the integrity of the cabinet itself. We stayed with void free 15mm Baltic birch to give the cabinet the integrity it needed to perform as well as it does.

While the weight is definitely not in the super light weight category, the narrow width of the cabinet and the handle locations make this cabinet easy to transport.

There are always compromises to get the weight lower and lower, we feel that this is the right amount of compromise to balance weight and performance.

Thanks!

Ryan

4. JCW308

JCW308

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks Ryan. Unfortunately this cabinet is too heavy for me to purchase. If it ever really becomes light, please keep us posted. In the meantime I'll look at your other cabs. Thanks!

5. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    It's always good to pick it up to find out how heavy it is. Cabs aren't like basses. Fortunately we don't have to hold up the cab all night. I have had 50 pound cabs that were really hard to move because of the ergonomics and I have had 65 pound cabs that were easy to move because of the thoughtful engineering put into the design. I am sure you guys put the time and effort into making these as easy to move as they are to hear. One thing that I would like to bring up is that you may want to consider a 4 ohm version of this 212 with a higher wattage handling like 700-800 watts.

ryanowens and bassclef04 like this.
  6. ryanowens

ryanowens Commercial User

Feb 1, 2004
    Houston
    Trickfish Amplificaton
    All great points!

Yes wedefinitely put though into balancing the cabinet with the handle locations. What makes these cabs easy to move is the narrow width, no killing your knuckles on door frames :)

We do have the ability to configure this cabinet in a 4 ohm version on a special order basis, no additional charge, just a little time to have one loaded up with two of our 8 ohm drivers.

I love the quote about not having to hold the cabinet all night :). I often like to remind guys that they don’t have to hold the cabinet during the gig.

Thanks!

bassclef04 likes this.
  7. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    Great looking CAB!!!!!
    56lbs seems lite to me but I have lugged around a SVT 810 monolith that some one started to restore and forgot to put the odd placed handles back on!!??
    nice work fellas!!!

ryanowens likes this.
  8. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Nice form factor! :thumbsup:

ryanowens likes this.
  9. wiltflea

wiltflea Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2015
    North Carolina
    GK makes a 212 500watt combo that weighs only 41Lbs

10. Rodslinger

Rodslinger Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2013
    RVA & then some
    56lbs is nothing. I don't know your situation but 56lbs. to me is a God send

11. JCW308

JCW308

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    All of my stuff is super light. I got tired of dragging around 50+ lb stuff a long time ago.

Rodslinger likes this.
  12. Rodslinger

Rodslinger Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2013
    RVA & then some
    I hear ya. I’ve been carrying around the 100lb+ stuff for the past 30 years. 56lbs is a dream.

JCW308 likes this.