Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tried a Fender Pro 300 all tube amp !!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Turlu, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I tried that monster Tube Amp yesterday using my Rickenbacker 4001V63 Bass, matched with a 410 cabinet.

This is quite the machine I should say, with tons of warmth and I especially digged the dirty channel mixed with the clean channel. It has a wonderful overdrive Tone !!! The compressor, 10 band EQ, bright, Deep and tuner features really make this a versatile Tube amp, in my opinion. It has so much power too !!!

Anyone ( who needs a "back" relief, cause these are heavy !!! ) has one for sale in good condition ???? Let me know !!!!

2. Im currently loving the all-tubeyness too, but of an SVT, check out the bay of the e, may be able to get something off that ;)

3. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    I was trying basses one day at a music store and damn near every one of them sounded great! Then I noticed the salesman had plugged me into a sunn 300T/ 2x15---mystery solved!!!

4. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Damnit I want that amp soooo freakin much.

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i tried the older SUNN version. impressive amps. i prefer them to the actualy made ampeg svt reissues. onli thins i dislike is the too many eq slides.