Tried a *Good* Musicman/J bass today.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funkize you, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Well, I know I put a LOT of bad things down about Musicmans, based off of two different bad experiances...

Well, Today I picked up a Stingray, and messed around a little with it, and it felt really good this time, I was VERY pleasantly suprised. Construction was Top notch, Setup was Almost perfect, And I got that Stingray sound. But the Neck is still way to slow for me, and the string spacing still isnt to my liking, But at least I can appreciate it as an instrument now...

I also played with some Jazz basses... I first picked up a MIA Jazz... That was a Horrible sounding thing... First off, the Neck felt really cheasy, the sound quality was some of the worst i've ever heard... But then I picked up a Seafoam MIM J bass, and it's quality FAR surpassed the american Fender... I was blown away, It had a Nice slap and pop sound, and felt nice... I dont know what the deal with the MIA was... Doesnt make sense :confused:

But I do know like the Feel of the J bass... My next bass will probably be a... Lakland JO Jazz :D (What? You werent expecting me to say Fender were you?)
  2. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Some American J basses are bad apples, or could just be personal taste.
  3. Yeah! Laklands are really something.

4. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.

YES! I've owned Many a Lakland!

Loved 'em all.
  5. My '97 MIA Jass V is baaaaaad-afro man. i've bought and sold about 28 basses since i got it. will never leave my side. :hyper: