Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tried a GT-7: I like a lot

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff Moote, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Well, I've never even played a sixer, and only have actually practiced with a four, but I was actually able to play a seven at the store today :) :)

I really liked it... and I thought it would be harder to play. I didn't really like the electronics though, they're barts (I dunno what other barts are like, but...) They sounded good, but weren't versatile and not old skool enough for me.

2. Just a thought, 7 strings in general aren't wery old school.;)

Geoff

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it might have needed new strings - many times the gt7's in the stores get played and played - everybody wants to try out the "exotic beast". this causes the strings to get dead on them, and then when someone who might be interested in the instrument comes around, the thing sounds dead.

i agree with you on the somewhat limited nature of the electronics - i sorta wish the gt7 had a mid feq control too. still, though, whaddya want for a grand?

4. A mid frequency control :)

I wish I could find one around here to try out. I've played on som GT'5 and 4's. But I find myself really interested in a 6-8 stringed instrument lately...

5. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    i love my GT-7. i went from 4 to 7 4 months ago.

i am planning on sending mine to bill conklin, to hot rod the elctronics.

3 band eq
    RMC synth capability

that adds 1 knob for the eq, 1 for synth, 2 switches for synth, but does the synth have a volume? piezo also comes with the synth right? too many knobs :(

6. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    yeah, JT may be right, but he said it had only been there 2 weeks. I don't think I'll get it before a decent 5er, but maybe soon after, I'll get one in natural :)

7. I have played several Groove tools my self. I also have played a sidewinder. I like the sidewinder better. The best GT i had played had a scalloped neck on it used for 1500 at Guitar Center. How much do strings for 7 strings cost?

8. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    i dont know... ill be finding out very, very soon :(