Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tried a Ken Lawerence assc/6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Tried a Ken Lawerence associate 6 string at G/C in Aurora ILL.
    It was a used bass, with basline p/u. bolt on, it felt nice and played very well, but I do not like the Basline pups, at any rate, ti was priced 1,999, I thought that was a bit high, but I dont know the full backgroud of those basses either, the guy said he would let me have it for 1850 TOTAL....still not sure if that is a bargin?? the sn# looks like 621 100 303.......anyone have experience with these basses, and whats your opinion on the price etc....

Thanks

2. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I owned an associate 5 and it was KILLER. AS for the price, I've seen used associates sell in $1400-$1500 range. I paid $1400 for mine:

[​IMG]

{I sold it to my best friend so I can visit whenever I want} ;)

3. Tfunked

Tfunked

Dec 30, 2003
  4. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I'd say depending on the opions and woods, it's around a fair to high price. You could probably talk them down a bit, but KL's are considered excelent instruments and are a bit on the rare side. New ones will set you back a LOT more (like a year or 2 more :smug: ) and cost a good bit more too.

5. I haven't seen a Ken Lawrence that I don't like. They really seem like great basses.