1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tried a M6 Carbine Last night

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mcr23, Apr 21, 2010.

1. mcr23

mcr23

Apr 15, 2010
    Fantastic full sounding tone, esp with the "pull deep" with the bass set lower around 9 o'clock. :oops:

Played through a 4x10 powerhouse cab.

I think I love BOOGIE bass gear as much as my Studio&quad pre/295 poweramp guitar rack.

:bassist:

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    They do produce clear lows...sigh...if only I had the scratch. Thanks for the GAS!

3. mcr23

mcr23

Apr 15, 2010
    It gave me second thoughts about ordering the shuttle 9.0!

4. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

I have both the Shuttle 9 and M9. The Shuttle sees no gigs and IMHO cannot keep up with the Carbine in terms of tone or volume. YMMV. PM me if you wanna buy my Shuttle.

5. mcr23

mcr23

Apr 15, 2010
    ROFL. "Hey this amp isn't as good. Wanna buy it?" :oops:

6. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I quite liked my Shuttle 6.0 when I had it, but after my first Mesa amp, I was hooked. The Shuttle sounded thin and 2 dimensional compared to any of my Mesa amps. I still think the Shuttles are great amps but Mesa gear is in a whole other league of tone. The Carbine really is a unique animal. Its so clear and deep but not sterile at all. The tube still adds character and warmth but the amp is so crisp and powerful. I can't believe how insanely good it sounds through any cab I try it with.

7. mcr23

mcr23

Apr 15, 2010

Yeah, I was floored by it. I will def get a Boogie head eventually. :bassist::bassist:

It will match my guitar rig. :D

8. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    It's hard to go wrong with Mesa-Boogie, but it'll cost ya.

9. mcr23

mcr23

Apr 15, 2010
    I'm always willing to pay for good gear.

After I got my VHT Sig:X and my MESA rack I've never even looked at cheap guitar amps.