Tried a Spector...But which did I try?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Apr 18, 2001.

1. I played a Spector today. It was awesome, played well, sounded good and looked great. Only problem was that the strings were crusty and dirty and the finish (Amber) was scratched in a few places. This was nice, but it was 2nd hand and I would still like to play some new Spectors, as if they are as good or better than this then I will seriously consider buying one!
    Anyway, here's my question. I don't know exactly which model I played. It was a single pickup, 4-string Spector in Amber finish. The pickup was an EMG-HZ soapbar. The bass had a vol and tone control. I can't find any of these basses on so I'll ask what you guys think.
  2. You played one of Spector's bottom of the line basses. If you thought that sounded good you will be amazed at how the expensive ones with standard EMGs cost.
  3. Yeah, but what model was it and how much would it retail for? I wanna know how MUCH better a NS2000-Q or a Czech Spector would be :)
  4. I don't know the model. They make various basses like the one you described to me. Their higher end basses blow that cheap trash away.
  5. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    The closest thing to that is the Spector NS2002B wich is in production, but it has 2 pickups and does not have transparent finishes.

Also it could be an older NS2000 wich maybe had one pickup. Im not too sure.
  6. tvan1988

Apr 16, 2001
    Wamego, Kansas
    The spector you are referring to is the NS2000B which is no longer in production. They still make the 2002 which is not a bad bass( I got a new one off of ebay for $202.) But the one you described is the 2000B
  7. The 2000B is the lowest model that I believe Spector has ever made. If you thought that was a good bass, then it is definitely worth your time to check out a higher model bass, especially the Czech's. You'll be so happy you did.
  8. Single P/U?

Yep, that was an NS2000B. Made in China in a communist sweatshop. The laborer probably got paid less than the eqivelent of $5.00 total to build it. Real nice

If you are looking for an NS2000 go for the neck-thru model, or if you can $wing it, try for a Czeck made Spector

Either way, you won't go wrong, but stay away from the single p/u Spectors!!!
  9. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    hey, anyone knows if a CR spector is actually cheaper in the Czech Republic where they are

I'm asking because my parents go there once in a year, every year since 4 years ago.

I never tried a Spector because no one imports them to my country and furthermore I always hear how good they are.
    I don't care buying sightunseen because I could sell a neck-through bass with real EMGs at the same price I bought it if not more.
  10. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    this guy is asking for a beating.:mad:
  11. They should be alot cheaper. They are cheaper anywhere in europe.
  12. Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    I take offense to to you calling the MIC Spectors trash. I played a USA Bolt on, a NS JH5 and mt NS-2000 Q5 side by side. There wasn't a lot of difference. The woods are better or the other two, but sound.....pretty close!
  13. basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Spector NS2000/4

this is really a great bass. its neckthrough like the other highend-er spectors but i think it sounds ALMOST as good as the Euro one.

see my gear page (signature) and it has a pic of one of the nicer ones. the pic on the link i gave you isnt great.