1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tried an Eshenbaugh!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stachio, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    On my monthly 5 minute journey to GC, I came across an Eshenbaugh for the first time. Bubinga top and beeswax finish, I believe.
    Just plugging it up with EQ flat on an SWR that has seen some abuse, was just amazing. I could not put it down. The fretwork was rather unique: huge frets. Then there's the over sized headstock that looks like a demented version of a Tobias headstock. The volume and punch were out of this world. It really put to shame the other more expensive basses there. Just amazing!
    I hear the voices again:
    "This is going to make a lovely contrast/addition to the Zon...":)

2. I think I've played that one, too.. at the GC on Northeast Expressway, right? That's a nice bass, but not as nice as the fretless Eshenbaugh they had in there a few months ago. That thing must have weighed 6 pounds, and it just sang. The fretted one there now is a bit heavier. He makes beautiful stuff.

3. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    That's the GC. I'm so mad I missed the fretless! That said, I'm sure my bank account is happier that way. I'm going to have to give Mr. Eshenbaugh a call before the end of this year...;)