Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tried an Eshenbaugh!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stachio, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    On my monthly 5 minute journey to GC, I came across an Eshenbaugh for the first time. Bubinga top and beeswax finish, I believe.
    Just plugging it up with EQ flat on an SWR that has seen some abuse, was just amazing. I could not put it down. The fretwork was rather unique: huge frets. Then there's the over sized headstock that looks like a demented version of a Tobias headstock. The volume and punch were out of this world. It really put to shame the other more expensive basses there. Just amazing!
    I hear the voices again:
    "This is going to make a lovely contrast/addition to the Zon...":)

2. I think I've played that one, too.. at the GC on Northeast Expressway, right? That's a nice bass, but not as nice as the fretless Eshenbaugh they had in there a few months ago. That thing must have weighed 6 pounds, and it just sang. The fretted one there now is a bit heavier. He makes beautiful stuff.

3. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    That's the GC. I'm so mad I missed the fretless! That said, I'm sure my bank account is happier that way. I'm going to have to give Mr. Eshenbaugh a call before the end of this year...;)