1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

tried to delete this post but won't work

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Richland123, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    tried to delete this post but won't work

2. what post?

3. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    No need to delete, just say something that isn't interesting. It'll disappear faster that way.

4. coyote1

coyote1

Mar 23, 2012
    I also tried to delete this post.... Won't work

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

You didn't try very hard then coyote, click edit, then delete post.

You can delete a post but not a thread.

6. blacklariat09

blacklariat09

Jan 6, 2013
    Here. Let me feed the troll thread.

7. mickeyj4j

mickeyj4j

Dec 5, 2006
    I wonder why i can't delete a thread that i created. is there some reason why its not possible. I own the thread in the first place.

8. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

You cannot delete a thread because while you might have created the original post, you did not create the content other users put into a thread.

9. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

Oct 16, 2012
    I've been posting on fora since ~2002 and this is definitely a curiously prevalent attitude in the post facebook world.

You do not "own" the thread just because you made the first post. It's a public forum, the discussion belongs to the participants. Things like "hey get out of my thread!" are the kind of drivel you would never hear in a usenet group.

/curmudgeon