1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tried To Search...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Moreau, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Moreau

Moreau

Jan 3, 2006
    Canada
    Can I just use the return jack of my LMII as an input from a preamp or Sansamp BDDI? Thus making my LMII a power amp?

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    While I don't know the answer, you may get the best/quickest results by putting the actual subject of your question in the thread title.

FWIW what you describe does work for many/most amps, but there are exceptions.

3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    No. In the original LMII thread there was much discussion
    about this. The LMII head is made to be used just as it is.
    You can't really use it as a preamp or use the effects return
    as a power amp in. You still end up going through the preamp
    from the LMII no matter what. You can however do it with
    the Acoustic Image heads. Works great with my Focus.

4. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Also, the BDDI output is at instrument level, not at line level. So it won't give much level to any power-amp input, where line-level is expected.

5. Not always the case. Recent BDDIs (the last 2-3 years?) have a switchable output level. The 1/4" "output" (not the "parallel") can either be -10db (like the older units), or 0db to drive a power amp.

I don't own a LMII, but I don't see how it would hurt to try, at low level first, to plug the BDDI into the FX return. Stock, the LMII is a parallel loop, so I'd just turn down the gain control to zero.