Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trio of Riddles (yes, they're worse than the first).

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Selta, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Two cops walked into a room with no windows and found a dead man who obviously hung himself from the ceiling, though they couldn't figure out how. There was no chair beneath him that he might have jumped off of, or a table. Just a puddle of water. How'd he do it?

A horse is tied to a 15 ft. rope and there is a bail of hay 25 ft. away from him. Yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay. How is this possible?

You approach two talking doors. One door leads to the City of Truth, while the other door leads to the City of Liars. You do not know which door is which. You are able to ask only one question to determine which door is which. The door that leads to the City of Liars always speaks lies, while the door that leads to the City of Truth always speaks the truth. You want to go to the City of Truth. What question do you ask to determine which door leads to the City of Truth? (two possible answers!

As usual, no googling, and I wont say anyone's correct for at least a day, so that a fair amount of people can have a chance to think it over.

Ray :p

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i don't approve of these, there is nothing to see here, move it along people...

:D ;)

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    haha, good one...got any answers?

Ray :eyebrow:

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    lets haul some ice, bucko!

"as long as i'm not tied up" said the horse

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    #3 is an old one, but to explain it will cost you some TI Superflexibles for my EUB :D

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    I wonder if anyone else is going to respond, or if they're scared to look for fear of losing brain cells from reading such crap...again.

Ray :D

7. I got the first one... if the dead guy left his furnace on.

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Nope. There are no weird circumstances like that, and the answer lies in the riddle it's self..

Ray

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i disagree, a furnace could have a lot to do with it....

10. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    1. he hung himself standing on a block of ice.

2. nobody said the other end of the rope was tied off to anything.

3. Ask one door which *the other* would tell you to take, were you to ask. Then take the opposite of what the answer is to be your path to Truth.
    Here's why:
    -If you had picked the Truth door, then it would say "The other door would say 'Take this one!'" (which is a lie on the other door's part...)
    -If you had got the Liar door, it would say "That door would say 'Take the other one!' (A lie on the first door's part, since the Truth door would indeed say 'Take me!')

11. I've got the first two. Still trying to get that 3rd one.

12. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Also if you are actually tied to something (like a pole) with a 15 foot rope, the diameter is 30 feet, so the horse could be actually tied down and still reach the bail of hay. Not much of an answer to a riddle, though.

Couldn't you ask one of the doors "Are you a talking door?" The door of truth would say yes, while the door of lies would say no, right? Again, not much of an answer.

13. there are tons of answers for the third one. how about "how many fingers am i holding up?"

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    There's two that really work though ;)

Ray

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The first two are easy and I bet the last is too, but I dont feel like thinking and the first two didnt even require any.

1. The guy came into the room with a big block of ice and a rope. He tied the rop so he could hang himself and put the block of ice under it. He put his head in the nose and kicked the block of ice out from under his legs. It melted and he died and the block melted into a puddle of water.

2. The horse rope is tied to a pole in the ground 10 feet away from the hay and the horse is standing on the side away from the hay.

15 10
    Horse------| Hay

Too easy.

16. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Man, these were really really easy. You need better riddles.

17. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Should I feel dumb that I didn't get any of those?

:(

Well if Nick Man is right then I got the horse one right.

18. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I got one-

Imagine you are trapped in a room with no windows and doors. In one corner there is a lion, in another there is a tiger, another corner a field of landmines, and in the last corner a bale of hay. In your pockets you have a lighter, a peice of string, and a pen. You aren't mcguyver. What do you do?

Answer:stop imagining

19. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    ^get the hell out of the 'door' with no doors :bassist:

ahhh....i'm histarical :bag:

20. That's very obvious, it only says the horse was tied to a rope, not that the rope was tied to anything... soo... its like a dog leash with no person to hold one end.