1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trio tonight in Cambridge: Ra-Kalam Bob Moses & Burton Greene

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by damonsmith, Oct 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    • Where: The Lilly Pad 1353 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA 02139
    • When: 2017-10-07
    • Time: 7:30pm
    • Musicians: Narada Burton Greene / Damon Smith / Ra-Kalam Bob Moses + Eric Zinman solo
    Set one:
    Eric Zinman - piano

Set two & three
    Narada Burton Greene - piano
    Damon Smith - double bass
    Ra-Kalam Bob Moses - drums & percussion

This rare appearance of Maestro Greene will also mark the release of two albums on the French Improvising Beings label

Zither Gods by Eric Zinman & Compedium (solos, duos & trios) by Burton Greene

Improvising Beings

Mushroo likes this.
  2. How did it go?

I'll be seeing him this weekend in Toronto playing trio with some musicians from Quebec. I haven't heard anything but his quartet record for ESP and didn't realize until I saw the event that he had had such a long career. Going to try to do some catch up before the show, looks like there is a duo record with Alan Silva from a few years ago.

damonsmith likes this.
  3. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    The concert went really well. Burton was fantastic and playing free with Ra-Kalam is incredible. Getting to play with a master drummer like that is one of the best things a bassist can do!
    The recent duo with Alan is both of them on synths. Interesting, but the duo you want is the ongoing string, double LP on Hat Art. That is an amazing album!

Andrew Furlong likes this.