Trip no longer with GK?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B String, Mar 22, 2003.

1. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I've just heard a rumor that GK has
    let Trip Wamsley go. Is this true? Why?
    Trip is arguably the best thing to happen
    to the company in a long time. He started
    to give many of us faith in GK again.
    So... whats up? Trip, are you out there?
    Whats the skinny?
  2. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    He told me in the last PM he sent me. He never said why though... :(
  3. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    That is not good for us GK users:(
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The rumors are unfortunately true.

I haven't talked to Trip directly, but a co-worker has. I'm really bummed by this, he's a great guy, wonderful to work with, and a monster player...

...this is not a good move for GK, IMO.
  5. Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    Contrast GK's decision with the strategy that companies like QSC (via Bob Lee) employ in developing relationships with the Bass community here. Frankly, I’m surprised that more companies don't take advantage of the opportunity that this forum provides to obtain feedback from product users. Best of luck Trip.
  6. B String

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Why? Why, Why, Why???
    Whats the reason?
  7. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I'm shocked by this. I've been away for a while, but Trip's a hell of a guy. I'm speculating that he and Bob had a disagreement and that Bob went over the edge. Whatever happened, they just let go pretty much the best thing to happen to GK customer service that we've seen in a long time. I'm about due to give him a call. If I can get a hold of him tomorrow, I'll try to see what's up, but chances are he won't want to share it with everyone. That's just not the Tripster's style. Either way, I wish him the best. Trip's still a hell of a player and a hell of a guy, so I'm sure things will turn out ok for he and his family.
  8. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Apparently it was some kind of budget cut.Trip has won more players over to GK than the pencil pushers at GK will ever know.I really don't know what to think about this.:confused: My prayers will be with Trip and his soon to be expanding family.May God Bless You Trip.
  9. Man, and he was just at my store not a few weeks ago!! Totally sold me on the 2001RB. Plus he stayed around after the store opened and did an impromptu concert right there!! I hope GK knows what the hell they are doing.

Rock on
  10. B String

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Is it possible that the new GK's
    didn't turn out as good as the
    company says? Perhaps quality
    differences? At the namm show,
    Trip was selling people on gk's alot
    more than any of the other "company"
    men. If this is just over money, the
    company is doing the most stupid
    thing they could. I WANT THE TRUTH!!
    "you can't handle the truth" I WANT
    THE TRUTH!!!
  11. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    The new GK gear is great.Letting Trip go was not.I just spoke with him and he is alive and in good spirits.I will leave any talk of what happened up to him.....
  12. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    last thing i need is more people "selling me" stuff
  13. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
  14. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Thanks for the sentiments. It was a budget cut. That's all. Anyway, I kind of feel like forwarding this to GK.:rolleyes: I'm not going to because my wife won't let me.........She's standing right here. I have to go now.:eek:
  15. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Good luck, man. :)
  16. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hey Trip,

Hang in there. Something good will come along! You have an excellent work ethic and you know your stuff. Good things have a way of gravitating toward good people.
  17. Jbass987

Mar 20, 2002
    Rapid City, SD
    I think everyone should e-mail GK and let them know what a huge mistake we think they have made!!!
    I know I will!!
    Much good luck to you Trip.
    LJ Michaels
  18. Trip - best of luck, am a loyal 800RB user and I'll be letting the folks at head office know my sentiments. Damn thing won't die anytime soon :D but when it comes time to replace, I know this GK budget incident will play into my decision-making process

If any other bass amp company is combing through these boards - they'll be foolish to pass up someone like Trip.

(Trip - maybe you should go talk to the folks in Meridien, MS!)
  19. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    You guys are making me tear up...Love to all!!
  20. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    maybe swr is hiring. only 2 things GK had goin for them in my book was trip and flea. i like them half as much as i used to.