Trip to GC

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OblivionBass, Oct 30, 2005.

1. OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    Today I went to GC for the first time in awhile (because I've had a broken collar bone). I noticed they had alot more models this time.

Spector Rebop- I really like the sound of the bass. When I was slapping i really liked the tone, but the little edge from the neck connecting to the body hindered my playing. Mayeb since I play strangely, but I wanted to know if anyone else had this problem. I also didn't like how the body shape fitted on my when I sat.

Scheter C4- I didn't have alot of time to play it, but I really liked it, espcially for it's price. It had a great finish, nice thinner neck than a p-bass (what i play now) and a great sound. If only one has experience with them please tell me more about them. :hyper:

Stingray- My only complaint is I dont like playing near the bridge. Maybe I'll get the new stingray with 2 pups

Just felt like making a report of my first trip there for a LONG time.

Does anyone know when the new stingray comes out?
  2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I know they're taking orders right now and I *think* they'll be out around Christmas.
  3. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Sounds like you have thing for EMG HZ's?
    Im pretty sure that theres a great deal of people on this board who really dont like those pups, so its nice to hear that someone appreciates them. I've played around on them before, and was only able to get a decently kool (yet slightly obnoxious) slap tone out of them.
  4. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    There are plenty of us who love the EMG pup tone; we just hide out.... oh, and the Rebop is a tasty treat eh?