Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trip to Rondomusic (Pics Included)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Jan 30, 2003.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Yes I guess no one cared that I was going to Rondomusic so I deleted that thread (except you barroso!) and I did get some pictures!! The trip was about 25 minutes one way from where I live to Rondo Music. Basically took the Garden State Parkway down 20 exits. Outside of Rondomusic looks like an old place but let me tell you. SOO MANY PEOPLE WORKING THERE! There were at least 10-15 employees I saw working there. The Local GC has like 7-10 and GC is like twice the size of this place. There was a salesman in Rondomusic named Michele and I told him that Essex basses are VERY popular in the TB community and no one there knew about it! lol funniest part eh? But yeah.. I tried out several Essex basses and it is true.. for $99-129.. These things are AWESOME. I don't even know where to start. It is true.. I didn't believe it til now. Must see it/play it to believe it and yes now I do believe it. Hands down, construction, finishwork, fretwork were alot better than a stock Squier. Pups weren't that bad! Alot better than any Squiers I've played. Anyways here are some pics

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
  3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
  4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
  5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Another Look at the Essex! (Barroso, do you see your blue one?? hehe)
    [​IMG]

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Essex/Brice

Notice the PBass on the left... its the 3/4 size one! I tried it.. too neck heavy but itwas cool!
    [​IMG]

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Essex Rack again!! Different area
    [​IMG]

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Essex/Brice again with the small P Bass lol
    [​IMG]

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Brice... these were better than the Essexs IMHO. The fretless ones were nice!!
    [​IMG]

10. odie

odie Supporting Member

Thats cool!! It was like looking at a crime scene from X files. The notorius Rondo Music.

11. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Has anyone seen this!? IT was the NAMM Show.. Its an Essex Prototype bass!
    [​IMG]

Enjoy the pics!!

12. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    hehe.. no one went to Rondomusic in here? I had to check it out since it's like 20 minutes away and definitely need to give a taste of what it was like in there to the TB community after the huge popularity of the Essex Basses

13. These things look sweet... I may have to look into one someday.. shipping/customs will eba bitch though :|

14. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Oh man. I'm still holding out for a right-handed jazz with block inlays. Once I see one of those, I will make the leap.

That "protoype" looks like a lot of basses I'm seeing nowadays. It is essentially the same body style as the old Tune Bass Maniac.

15. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Yep, that's what it looks like. It's a good alternative to GC and the salespeople are helpful. I haven't been there in a few weeks so I haven't tried the SX prototype. I have too many basses (I know, no such thing), or I'd get another one. I'm waiting for an ash 5er, and I'll wait a long time if I have to. I really want them to stock more parts so I can build my own.

16. that's identical to the Bass Collection SB300 -the Tune Bass Maniac body shape, but with the strings passing either side of the machineheads to get the headstock as small as possible.

they were building new entry level models in China- this could be one of those.

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice of you to post pics, DM.

So now you believe all of us SX owners about the quality of these basses, huh? I love my BG-80.

18. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    thanks a lot DarkMazda!

i say once again that if i were in the usa.... that blue jazz bass had to be mine!!!

thanks for the report bro!

19. Would you say the Brice Fretless 5 String is a good bass for the money? Do the Brice basses have the same quality as the Essex ones do?

20. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    the brices definitely have the same quality if not better than the Essex.. I Tried an Essex Jazz Fretless.. my god.. it mwahed like there is no tomorrow!!