Trip Wamsley

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by thrash_jazz, Jul 15, 2002.

1. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I had never heard of this fellow before I went to Detroit in May and saw him at a bass clinic. This guy plays like a fiend! It really was an eye-opener of sorts for me.

Got a hold of a solo CD of his, too - "The Difference Engine" and am finding it to be just as inspirational to me as "A Show of Hands" was.

Just wondering if anyone else had caught his bass clinics while he was on tour, or whether anyone else had heard his work (solo or otherwise)...?
  2. BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    ...and here I thought I was the only one that ever heard of this guy.:D

I met him at Bass Day LA last summer. He was doing a clinic for GK, and the dude was nuts. I'm convinced he could play his way out of any situation if need be. We talked for a while after he was done for the day and he was a cool cat. Kinda...umm, excentric, but cool. If you get a chance to see him or get one of his CDs jump on it!
  3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    trip is a badasss!!!!!
    here's Trip , some guy named Chuck Rainey and yours truly at NAMM- Trip is a monster player-
  4. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Hey people! And a big shout to Adrian G! Thanks for saying nice things about me! As for being "eccentric" I was probably in information overload from Bass Day. (or I had had too much coffee!!) It happens to me all the time. And to Adam; What you said really made my day. Thanks!!

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Whats up bro!kool to see you stoping by.

I was diggin your
    new 8 string last week.
  6. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I really like that "guy named Chuck Rainey"...
  7. Well, I too know all too well of this man's talents. Trip was playing at a concert in Beaumont, Tx that I was the bass tech at. My amp was the one being used by several bassists that day. Trip gets up with his High C strung fretless Zon, and needless to say, the tweeter in my amp has never been the same. Very talented and sincere guy. I also caught him at a local coffee shop called Solid Grounds that my band plays at every once and awhile. :cool:
  8. odie

odie Supporting Member

hey Trip I was trying to check your sound files on your site, and no worky-work. Also are you doing any clinics in the near future?
  9. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    I wrapped up my last clinic in Hallandale FL Tuesday night. I have no plans to do any for a while. I will contact my web guy about the files. Besides the site is way past due for an update. Hey, Hungry, sorry about the tweeter! I really didn't mean it! Anyway, thanks for all the comments and support!
  10. iScott

Jun 13, 2007
    Decatur, GA
    I know this tread is super old... just saw Trip at my school (AIM) last night and it was killer. Really cool music, funny guy, cool effects. He shared a lot of cool concepts and different ways to think about writing music and looking at solo bass in general. I'd highly recommend seeing his clinic if you get a chance. Very cool.