1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trip Wamsley

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Roy Vogt, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    I just had Trip teach a Master Class at Belmont on his solo bass work on fretless 5 string and fretted 8 string bass. The guy is an absolute Master at what he does and has totally sick chops (with and without a pick) to boot! I just got back from Tom Hurst's Loud Jamz event in Nashville where Trip and I both played and traded ideas back and forth (notably on a Funk/Fusion version of Miles' "Solar"). He's an amazing player!
    Trip Wamsley - Huevos Con Dios excerpt - YouTube
    Trip Wamsley "Non-A-06" - YouTube

2. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Just stumbled upon this because I thought I'd search to see who's talking about Trip and his playing. Glad to see this here, Roy, and sad that no one else chimed in. Trip is a great player, and he's a trip to! I hope you and he both continue getting more exposure. Kudos!

3. BobaFret

BobaFret

Jan 22, 2008
    Not only do I appreciate all his technical ability I really like his innovation. In a day and age where it's hard to stand apart I don't think anybody sounds like Trip.

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Trip is great player and clinician, I've seen him many times at NAMM shows (Nashville, LA, Austin) and he has come to Atlanta Inst of Music and done clinics. When talking to the audience, I like his mix of humor, knowledge and personality that he brings to the students.

I've caught him playing with Chris Nix and Tom Hurst a while back and they just seem to lock in, great to hear that Tom is doing well in Nashville.

5. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Until this thread I only knew of him through a few youtube pedal reviews, mainly the Groove Regulator 2. I could see from them that he's a great player, but I was blown away by the vids I just saw.
    Especially love the groove of this one: Trip Wamsley - That Song That Makes Life Wonderful - YouTube

6. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Yeah, Trip is a fantastic player and seems to be a very interesting and humble person.

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

7. TRIPSTER

TRIPSTER

Aug 13, 2003
    Sulphur LA
    Thanks people. And thank you Roy for everything. See you at summer NAMM! If you are so inclined you can find all my music here:

Trip Wamsley

Best Regards all,

T

8. I should have mentioned this days ago. I'm seeing Trip perform tonight at 7:00 in Fredericksburg, VA at Forte Music. I'm pretty psyched...

9. .BumeStik.

.BumeStik.

Jul 15, 2012
    Gilbert, AZ
    I just listened to Trip last night after kinda forgetting about him for awhile. I forgot how AMAZING he is at setting a tone and just plain Filling your Ears with Atmosphere. Besides being a technical Wiz, he writes some BEAUTIFUL Music. :bassist:
    I REALLY dig the Atmosphere-ish Music, so Trip will Always be on of my Favorites. :D

10. HAHA right on man! Dudezilla I really love both of your playing...and grooves!

-PokemonTrainerScott

11. AWESOME!!!!

12. March 23rd - 7 PM - Trip Wamsley and Brittany Frompovich in concert

The man is back in Northern Virginia!

Forte Music in Fredericksburgh.

13. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    Glen Cove, NY
    Trip was definitely a major influence on me growing up, when I discovered him on Magnatune. Much respect!