Trip Wamsley

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Michael Manring, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Many of you know fellow TB-er and fantastic bassist Trip Wamsley. I thought I'd mention he's been through a bit of a tough time. His wife became ill during pregnancy and the baby had to be delivered four months premature. As you might imagine the outlook wasn't too positive, but apparently the baby and mother are doing remarkably well and everyone is hopeful. Please send them your best wishes.
  2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    This is true - while not out of the woods, it does seem that Trip's wife and little 'un are doing well...

...and what's more, he's just released a KILLER new CD. Y'all really owe it to yourselves to go git it! (when it's back up and running...)

3. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I'm very sorry to hear about that.

Best wishes to you Trip, I hope your wife and child are ok.
  4. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Thanks for the words of encouragement you guys!
    Things are going really well right now for mother and baby. It has been a tough row to hoe lately. It started when I got cut loose at GK (which turned out to be a blessing) and then Sarun got very ill and all heck broke loose. We have had quite a few scares with our little fellow but he is doing remarkably well. I've got people praying for my son from California to Belgium! Thanks for everythings TBers!:D
    In the meantime if you guys want MP3s of the new CD you can go to: and get some downloads. It is available at as well.
    I accidentally trashed my site. Not good. Not smart and I'm not proud of doing that. A new one should be up this week. Take care guys!
  5. stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Hi Trip,

Hope everything turns out well. My blessings go out to you and your family to stay strong.

Take care,
  6. Hello Trip. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but very glad to hear that things are looking up. God Bless you and yours, we're sending good vibes and love from TN. All the best, DP
  7. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    All the good vibes received Dave! Thanks a bunch!:)

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    HEY Trip Im glad to hear that moms and Baby are doing well.stay strong and If you need anything feel free to call.
    Peace and Love bro
  9. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Thanks man! It is much appreciated!
  10. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Premies (premature) can really test your mettle. Thanks to alot of very smart people, post partum complications are limited. I am sure you have a wonderful team to get you through this time, but if I can be of any assistance, just say the word.

Wishing you and yours better roads ahead.

11. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    We were on the "edge" of survivability. Were are rocking now though!:D
  12. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Thats great. I remember when I was an intern, the "cut off" was either 25 weeks or 500 grams. Even those were iffy at best. Now its routine and long term effects are not nearly as common.

Has he gotten his first bass yet? ;) :bassist:

13. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    He was at 24 and 1/2 weeks and was at 640 grams. My wife receicved steroid injections to benefit his lungs. He is quite a fighter! He as already rolled over from his back to his stomach. The nurses thought that was amazing. So did I.
    As for getting his first bass, we are playing Mozart for him in the incubator. He seems to like it. If he wants to play then he will play. I'm pretty sure he will make it known to us if he wants it or not. His fingers are very long and my wife and I have short fingers. We are wondering where he got those long-finger genes from! Hmm...
  14. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    glad to hear things are going well trip. now for the disclaimer

seriously though i have been blessed enough to meet some serious players from hanging out here at talkbass. also some serious nice cats. TRIP and jauquo are at the top of that very short list! BUY THESE ALBUMS NOW!!!
  15. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Trip, all the best to you, your wife, and newborn son.

Everything is gonna turn out just fine, I can just feel it.

Personally, I think that what GK did to you absolutely sucked. But it looks like a lot better doors have opened for you.

Take care Trip :)
  16. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
  17. Best wishes. In March I had two (!) nephews born 3 months premature, they're doing great now and doing their 'business' all over the place. I'm just glad I'm the uncle :). Have fun with him man
  18. "He is quite a fighter!...The nurses thought that was amazing. So did I."

Hey Trip, maybe he couldn't wait to jam with daddy! :D

As for the long're not thinking of making the kid into a piano player are you?.........are you?:bawl:
  19. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    All the best from my family to yours...sending the very best of wishes to you and yours. :)