Triple Guitar Stand for Bass...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ThunderFox, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Hi guys, does anyone here know if any guitar stand that will hold 3 basses. Two Thunderbirds and a Viola bass (1 short, 2 long). I'm not a fan of the inline stands, because they are too big for travel. I've seen ones that spin around showing them all, that would be ideal, but don't know if they will work for basses, some pictures of the electric guitars demonstrated on pictures seem close at the top, don't want to bash them together.

If anyone has any experience with these sorts of stands, let me know what you think is best. :)

2. Scottkarch

Scottkarch

Sep 11, 2012
    Chicago
    I have the same Hercules triple stand. I take it to every gig and put 2-3 basses on it. Fantastic.

Hercules Stands and smogg like this.
  3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Yeah, that Hercules is your best bet for a "spinning" triple stand, otherwise I would strongly recommend the Quik-Lok GS-430. Folds flat, lightweight, all round excellent stand for any instrument.

GS-430-1200_02ps.jpg

Probably doesn't really take up much more, if any real, stage space as the above mentioned Hercules. And, you can get to all three instruments much more easily.

4. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Castors on that stand Jeff? I have the 5 Hercules stand..it folds down for travel but not really that convenient like the one you have there. Mine is definately better suited for home use. I wish my Hercules 5 had darn castors grrr.
    Collection In Rack 3.JPG

Hercules Stands and zontar like this.
  5. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Made by Fender, folds down to half the length of a hard shell case.
    454507000001000-00-500x500.jpg

zontar and Giffro like this.
  6. Jeff Scott

Apr 11, 2006
    Yes, removable casters (they screw in, not plug in). Two of them are a locking type.

I also have this one that RIC made for the 75th Anniversary weekend.

RIC Stand_small _1558.jpg

zontar, EdwardofHuncote and Giffro like this.
  7. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

The Herc solves a lot of problems, and while the legs do stick out quit a bit(gotta have that, can't fight physics), in the long run it does conserve the stage footprint. Most important, it folds up quick and compactly(I also use the optional bag for shoulder strap convenience).

Hercules Stands and 12BitSlab like this.
  8. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Plus(I forgot to mention)it accommodates a variety of body shapes and scales that 'boats' or the lean-to styles can't.

Hercules Stands likes this.
  9. codiak

codiak

Mar 16, 2017
    Madison, Wisconsin
  10. Jeff Scott

Apr 11, 2006
    Not IME.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021