1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Triple P Bass pickups?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KablesP, Feb 4, 2016.

1. KablesP

KablesP

Oct 29, 2013
    P-BASS , WALNUT AND LEOPARD WOOD ,CHAMBERED

I found this seller on ebay who makes beautiful instruments and sells them without electronics or hardware. I have been looking for a P bass and once I have the money I might grab one from this guys. Anyway, I saw this 3 pickup P bass setup that I had never seen before. Has anyone played a bass like this? Been checking out the Fender Elite II series that had 2 P pickups but never saw 3.

2. Wow, just noticed your post. It looks quite nicely done. I'm fascinated to know what the bridge and neck pickups sound like.

It's only got 4 control holes, so I'm not sure what you would do there. Vol/vol/vol/output? Maybe drill some extra holes for some mini toggle switches?

I'm messing with a 3 pickup bass concept at the moment, and I am planning to have one pickup "always on" to simplify the controls.

3. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Go to "Show us Your 3 Pickup Bass" post, and you will see some crazy Fender P-Basses with 3 pickups right here on TalkBass, check it out.:):bassist::bassist:

4. honestjohnny

honestjohnny

Nov 24, 2006
    I have a double P from SX. It sounds great. The bridge P sounds like a beefier, hum-free J. A Neck P would probably sound great for reggae/dub.

5. honestjohnny

honestjohnny

Nov 24, 2006
    You could do stacked concentric pots and knobs :)

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  6. Antisyzygy

Antisyzygy

Dec 8, 2014
    Washington
    I'm digging the Jazz body :

CUSTOM JAZZ BODY ONE PIECE WALNUT

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 9.29.40 AM.