Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

triple P pickup!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Nov 23, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That Europa Stereo looks pretty cool. I wonder how it sounds?

3. that doesn't look like 3 P-pickups to me...if i could only find that Pic of Jeff Ament's 3 P Bass...it was a hammer P-bass copy with 3 P pickups and musicman pots (routed one volume for each pickup and a tone knob)

4. [​IMG]

Looks like 3 to me. I wonder if there is a way to pan the strings. Like 90% to the left for E, 50/50 for A and D, 90% right for G? Seems like a cool enough idea.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Relman, after you go to that page, click the Europa Stereo button, over at the left, to see the bass we are talking about.

6. oh...he he....my bad...

that looks like a modernized version of something out of entwistle's arsenal!

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    they have an interesting jazz style bass too. not to speak about their guitars...

8. When I first saw the title I thought you meant putting three halves on a six string bass. Now that would be interesting!

9. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I have two basses with two precision bass pickups on it, Fender Elite and Gibson Lee Sklar-- I particularly like the Sklar, whose pickups are situated much like pickup 1 and 3 on that bass, though the bass side pickup is mounted closest to the bridge, opposite of original p-bass pickup placement. I love the bridge pickup sound, so rich in comparison to a single jazz.

The Elite's two pickups are pretty much in the same position as the Europa's bottom two, perhaps a little closer to the bridge.

The Europa does look interesting, though I can't see any point in its split string "stereo" hookup- makes no sense to me.