1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Triple Stack Pot?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by deeptubes, Jun 1, 2014.

1. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    I have a Fender HM that I would like more tonal options. It has a 5 way controlling 3 J pickups. I would like a volume and tone for each pickup, but don't want to mod the body. My idea would be pickups>triple stack volume pot>triple stack tone pot>leave 5 way in as a kill switch so I wouldn't have to touch the settings. My search has yet to find a triple stack. I think this may be a fruitless search. And, if I find them they may be too deep. Has anyone ever seen one?

2. Firstly, you are going to have a very hard time finding such a part, and if you do find one, it could be too deep to fit a standard control cavity.

Having multiple tone controls does not work very well, because you will need to either buffer the signal paths or use summing resistors, in order to get the tone controls to operate independent of each other. I doubt there would be any practical advantage, anyway.