Tripplite or Powerwerks power conditioner?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Philthy, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Philthy

Philthy Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2001
    Wallington, NJ
    I think I narrowed it down to 2 to two possible power conditioners. I'm going to go with a floor strip rather than a rackmount. It's more useful for me and besides I only have one space left in my rack which might become the future spot for a tuner.

Anyway, I'm thinking of either:

The Powerwerks 2010 (8 outlets). Which I can get brand new on ebay for $36 plus shipping.

Or the Tripplite Isobar6 (6 outlets) which is a little more money for about $45 plus shipping.

Any opinions on these two? Which one would be the better one to go with? Or are they pretty much the same other than the 2 outlet difference?

2. notanaggie

notanaggie Guest

Sep 30, 2003
    The Trippe one at least has specifications, which is nice. They are relative to recognized standard tests of performance.

Either one is basically a filter and some MOVs in a box, with the outlets spaced enough to get a wall-wart plugged in

I am not big on them, they don't do anything but filter, and equipment shouldn't have trouble with EMI or spikes to start with.

Neither does anything for brownouts, and both will gracefully give up the ghost if you get a high line condition that is too high. They won't fix anything.

If you gotta gotta, I'd buy the Trippe for the specs, UL listing, etc, and then plug a $6 outlet strip into it if I needed more outlets.