1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Triumphator Bass - Am I being unreasonable or generous?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Volker Kirstein, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Hounddog409

Hounddog409

Oct 27, 2015
    ohio
    Offer was fair.
    Calling someones bass garbage was not cool.
    If i was seller you would not have received any reply.
    No reason to be rude.

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Ah! The Klira Triumphator covered in vinyl faux leather to hide the laminated body. Interesting bass. I’ve only seen one once before. And that had to be well over 30 years ago.

Not the world’s greatest bass. But it could make for interesting “wall art” to hang in your music room if you can’t coax it back into acceptably playable shape.

I think your €125 offer is reasonable if it needs work. I wouldn’t go over that myself. I’d worry about the truss rod and neck however, and definitely check to make sure the truss rod isn’t frozen (and actually works!) before finalizing the deal.

If the neck sports a front bow with the rod tension fully backed off I’d walk away since most truss rods from that era are the single action variety which can only correct for a back bow.

Could be a fun project. But I wouldn’t want to put a lot of money into it since it won’t ever be more than what it already is.

Keep us posted?

Volker Kirstein likes this.
  3. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Supporting Member

I did phrase it more politely than indicated, I know better than that. :) I used quote marks to indicate the gist, not the actual words.

charlie monroe likes this.
  4. Google Klira Triumphator then hit "shopping".

Cheapest you'll find is £323 (near $500),Vintage & Rare has a Klira priced near $1000.

Folks pay big money for them and no doubt the seller knows this.

Volker Kirstein likes this.
  5. Volker Kirstein

Perhaps. o_O
    But then I also have my blue sparkle linoleum Migma Elektra...
    bass Migma 2.
    I know what I'm actually up against.

Bass V likes this.
  6. Energy

Energy

Jun 20, 2006
    Germany
    That's German heartiness. Saying it like it is is not considered rude over here. :D

7. Volker Kirstein

Genau!

Ist sowieso schon weg.

-

Exactly!

It's already gone anyway.

Wisebass likes this.
  8. Energy

Energy

Jun 20, 2006
    Germany
    Dankeschön.

Interesting how times are changing. When I got into bass playing in the mid 80s, even a Fender Mustang was not cool, let alone that little vinyl covered Klira thingy. To me it was not cool, anyway. So maybe it's just me who changed.

Wisebass and Volker Kirstein like this.