Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trivia question: Teen Town, how did the song get its name???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by KenToby, Feb 17, 2005.

1. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    My keyboard player enlightened me at lastnights rehersal...

Do you know??

See my next post for the answer...

KT

2. But I've never been there.

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I don't really care, but I do know that this post belongs in Off Topic.

4. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    relax and find some manners... It's not THAT serious!!

5. Nope. Music related = Miscellaneous. :)

6. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Your next post did not contain the answer.

7. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    Any thoughts???

KT

8. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    It was the name of a place his old band played at when he they were kids.

9. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    Teen Town is short for "Thirteen Town".

The song got its name due to the fact that it is comprised mainly of 13th chords.

Yea, kind of anti climatic but it's something fun to pullout of your back pocket during your next Jaco conversation...

Thanks,

KT

10. nope...the song is called teen town because of a club jaco used to play at when he was in Las Olas brass...this is when he first picked up bass mind you...the name of the club was teen town, it was a place for kids to go and hang out in Lauderdale

11. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Actually, I would ask you to find some manners. This forum is busy enough without having to wade through posts that aren't appropriate for this forum. TalkBass offers other forums that are appropriate places for this discussion. This forum is intended for the discussion of bass guitars only.

12. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    OK so which is it? Club name or Thirteen chords?

13. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Teen Town was some sort of youth club/live venue in Florida that Jaco spent a lot of time around in the early days. I have some audio of Jaco relating the story.

14. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    however it is more important that I bring out the fact that your reply was a blatant act of dissrespect. I don't mind being corrected but man... be cool about it, that's all!

I appreciate the intent but the tone has no place here on TB.

Thanks for the heads up though...

KT

15. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    Ken toby, I am with you, man!

You showed some enthusiasm and brought something to the table, but in your excitement to commicate with other Bass players, you neglected to put it in the right section..

BFD!!!!!

Xxlion's post was sarcastic and just plain rude. He is either a Jacophobe, or upset because you knew something he didn't.

But, judging by his "I don't care" comment, he probably should find a different forum altogther..since communicating is something he does not care to do!

Gawd, I hate these entrenched, old school, stickler-for-the-rules types!

They usually suck at bass, too!

I for one, appreciated your post, and even if you were wrong, I learned a new jaco fact today!

16. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    :rolleyes:

17. Are 'Jacophobes' related to jackalopes?

18. KenToby, you are WRONG!!!!

19. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    You know, I bet you're right.

Xyllion, you should really not let your jealousy of KenToby's knowledge get the best of you like that. It just doesn't follow the ethics and maturity we demand here at talkbass.

I knew everyone cared about my opinion of this pivotal thread, so I made sure to post it. Thank you, and goodnight.

20. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Todd, I am humbled. You are completely right. I was totally jealous and couldn't stand it. ;)

Oh and whoever said that I suck at bass, you are totally correct. I'm the worst of the worst. I couldn't play a note if my life depended on it. My only goal is to make everyone else in the bass community so miserable that they will all want to quit and then I will be the best bass player in the world by default. But alas, you have seen through my evil plan. :bag:

I wasn't trying to start World War III. I'm sorry that I was in a rotten mood when I made my post. Although, I still think this thread is in the wrong forum.