No longer available Tronographic Rusty Box

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by fclefgeoff, Apr 5, 2016.

1. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Price:
    $150
    I picked this up HERE in the classifieds last week and it's just not my thing (I spent about 5 minutes with it). It's in good used condition and comes with the power supply. Asking $150 shipped (Pay Pal only) in the CON US only. Sorry no International sales and the only trades I would consider is for an Aguilar Tone Hammer. I usually ship within 24 hours.

RB.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Which version is this? What voltage does it run at?

3. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I have no idea how to answer either of those questions. Sorry.

4. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    Look at the power supply and see if it says 9volt or 18volt

5. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I don't have the pedal or power supply with me at the moment but i can check it in a few hours.

6. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    Right on!
    This will go quickly I am sure

7. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Here is the photo of the power supply that came with it from @rizzo9247

image.jpeg

8. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    From the Rusty Box manual at Tronographic:

PWR Jack: connect the output plug from the AC Adapter into the PWR jack. For best results we recommend you use the AC Adapter supplied with your Rusty Box. If using an aftermarket AC Adapter, please be sure that it delivers between 24VDC and 40VDC with a minimum current rating of 100mA. The barrel connector plug coming from the AC Adapter must be center positive. (Emphasis in bold by me)

9. rizzo9247

rizzo9247 Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2008
    NYC
    Wow I had no idea. I've ran it for a few months with that adapter (that I received with it when I bought it used) and it worked fine for me. I'm not sure what affect this power supply vs. a center positive one has on the pedal.

10. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    @rizzo9247 This power supply is center positive, 40VDC, 100mA. It seems to work OK but it's a little noisy. I'm not sure if that's a result of the PS or that's the way the circuit is?

EDIT: I just watched a YT demo by Tronographic and it seems a little noisy in the video, too. So I'm guessing the circuit sounds that way? I dunno. I just chalked it up to a lot of gain in the pedal.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  11. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    OK. I just tried it again and I think there is maybe something wrong with this pedal. I have PMed @rizzo9247 about returning it for a refund but I cannot in good conscience sell it to someone else without knowing for sure if it is good or not. I have no frame of reference but it seems really noisy. Like more noise than tone noisy.

12. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I want to publicly acknowledge that @rizzo9247 has offered to allow me to return the pedal and issue a refund (minus original shipping per my request). I want to be clear that I don't feel he was trying to scam me and that he has been excellent to deal with in every way. It may be possible that this pedal just has a higher noise floor than I'm used to or it may be that the third party power supply is the culprit. I don't know. I do know this, **** happens.

sanfordandsonny likes this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021