1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

trouble with a shure wireless

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cdseverance, Sep 12, 2008.

1. cdseverance

cdseverance

Apr 9, 2008
    Hi. I am currently running a bass rig where I use two different heads for one cabinet. ( one for the high's/other for the lows). I am running no effects through the low end but several through the high end as they cut through better obviously. Where my problem comes in is here. I am using a Morley ABY switch to run both heads simultaneously......and when I plug the wireless in all I get is the low end. When you use a regular cable they both work. I contacted shure about the issue and they are scratching their heads. Can anyone help me fix this mess? Thanks!

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Moved to Amps.

3. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Give us some more info.

When running with a standard instrument cable, do you plug into the ABY switch?

You said "two heads, one cabinet." I presume the speaker leads are separate for each head...they're not driving the same speakers simultaneously.

Is the wireless output a standard 1/4" instrument cable?

Have you tested the wireless with, say, a PA system, so you're sure it's transmitting the full frequency spectrum?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Unless it's built to take two amps (like more recent SVT 810E's), it's never a good idea to use two heads into one cab.