1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trouble with action

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Lucky Savage, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Lucky Savage

Lucky Savage

Oct 29, 2004
    Hamden, CT
    I have a Fender MIM jazz, and never made any setup changes until last night. Until yesterday, the action has been perfect. However I noticed the E string was getting terrible fret buzz past the 6th fret, so I went and raised the action a bit. No problems.

A few hours later, I noticed more fret buzz on the E. I raised the action again and stopped playing for the night.

Today my bass was fine. However, after about 20 minutes of playing, the E string was buzzing once again. I adjusted the action for a third time, but it got screwed up within half an hour.

I have had no problems with any of the other strings. Could there be a problem with the bridge or saddle? And will I be able to fix this by myself, or will I have to shell out money for a professional to do it?

2. Lucky Savage

Lucky Savage

Oct 29, 2004
    Hamden, CT
    Joshua -
    Thanks for the advice. We didn't have any Loctite lying around, but the nail polish is drying as I type this. Hopefully it solves my problem.