Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trouble with action

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Lucky Savage, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Lucky Savage

Lucky Savage

Oct 29, 2004
    Hamden, CT
    I have a Fender MIM jazz, and never made any setup changes until last night. Until yesterday, the action has been perfect. However I noticed the E string was getting terrible fret buzz past the 6th fret, so I went and raised the action a bit. No problems.

A few hours later, I noticed more fret buzz on the E. I raised the action again and stopped playing for the night.

Today my bass was fine. However, after about 20 minutes of playing, the E string was buzzing once again. I adjusted the action for a third time, but it got screwed up within half an hour.

I have had no problems with any of the other strings. Could there be a problem with the bridge or saddle? And will I be able to fix this by myself, or will I have to shell out money for a professional to do it?

2. Lucky Savage

Lucky Savage

Oct 29, 2004
    Hamden, CT
    Joshua -
    Thanks for the advice. We didn't have any Loctite lying around, but the nail polish is drying as I type this. Hopefully it solves my problem.