Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trouble with Black Sabbath basslines?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by darkjoker667, Aug 26, 2003.

1. darkjoker667

darkjoker667

Apr 21, 2003
    Anyone ever have trouble with a Sabbath song? I'm trying to learn Paranoid and I can't get it. I mastered Electric Funeral in about an hour so it surprised me how hard Paranoid is. Or maybe I just suck?

2. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Geezer's basslines always have an improvised feel to me. So try and nail the important riffs that stand out and maybe improvise other parts...paranoid is one of their easier songs so you'll be able to nail that one exact anyway. Sorry I can't recall how it goes now without listening to it.

(psst...glance at the tabs if you need to ;))
    http://www.talkbass.com/html/module...erdir=b&band=black_sabbath&song=paranoid.btab

3. i found it pretty easy just the timing was a bit hard for me but i got it down, electric funeral took you an hour? hmmm strange

4. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    That's Geezer for you, with Sabbath there is so many little things he does, I would say just put the bass down and listen to the song about 50 times. Turn up the bass and mids and turn down the trebble on you cd player. It's mostly eight notes from what I remember, pay attention to the drums for the tempo and changes, just get into it you'll figure it out.