1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trouble with casters

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Medicman95370, Feb 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Medicman95370

Medicman95370

Dec 29, 2017
    California
    So I just bought a brand new GK 410 Neo cabinet. I get it home from Guitar Center and when I'm unloading it from my truck I pop in the casters so I can easily roll it into my house. That's when I notice that only two casters fit all the way into the housing on the cab. The other two stop short by about an inch or so. ???? This is the first cab that I've ever purchased so I'm new to this type of equipment but this can't be correct. I absolutely don't feel comfortable banging on it with a hammer and there's no way I'm driving a 200 mile round trip back to Guitar Center. Any thoughts or suggestions??
    Thanks

2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Try putting the casters in different holes to see if the issue is the hole or the stem on the casters.

3. Medicman95370

Medicman95370

Dec 29, 2017
    California
    That was one of the first things I checked(probably should have mentioned that in the post)...It's definitely an issue with the housing that the caster fits into.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

4. GK should work with you if GC won't send you what needs replacing.

Al Kraft likes this.
  5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

Yeah. Don't hit them, the sockets they fit in have closed ends. Call the seller and tell them to get some from GK for you. Seems someone at GK ordered the wrong length and nobody caught it before shipping them out.

Edited. Geez Im all thumbs with this phone.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  6. Medicman95370

Medicman95370

Dec 29, 2017
    California
    Thanks for the input. Will be making calls.

7. Medicman95370

Medicman95370

Dec 29, 2017
    California
    You

8. casterwheels

casterwheels Commercial User

Sep 17, 2018
    can you show you cabinet ? As usual one cabinet need 4 casters they need same height.