1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trouble with my Hartke LH1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Seidell, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Seidell

Seidell

Jun 26, 2009
    Queens, NY
    I've tried changing the all the cables.....trying different outlets.....even tested if is was my cabs.....but after about 20-30mins of playing the amp just "dies" and stops producing sound completely.....Has anyone had similar problems or know what this might possibly be? :meh:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    sounds like an overheating problem. do you have it racked? if so, are you leaving room for the vents?

3. Seidell

Seidell

Jun 26, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Yeah its racked. the vents for the lh1000 are on the back so its completely open plus i have a fan pointed towards the sides of the unit to create a constant air flow

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    well, i'd call larry hartke or call hartke cs. larry seems to be very responsive to his customers.

5. Seidell

Seidell

Jun 26, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Well i pulled the rack apart and disconnected it from my power conditioner and pod xt pro. and it works fine.....so i think it's either one of those.....they are both 7 years old lol either that or it was the rack itself, so safe to say i have a lot of testing to d this weekend