1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trouble with POD GX - can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Evil Undead, May 1, 2010.

1. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    Had my pod GX for about 3 months, and thought it was awesome until recently.

Issues started a few weeks ago when my GX decided not to work for a couple of days. Got it working again (though I don't know how, I didn't do anything apart from keep trying it)

And now, the last few times I've used it, the static has been so loud and so bad that it's unusable. Not just a slight buzz, but screaming static! Sometimes it's so bad that it causes unhandled exceptions in my DAW and crashes it :mad:

At first I thought it was my bass, so I tried another, then tried 2 guitars, still the same. Don't know if it's the GX itself, or just pod farm... either way, it's not funny any more!!!!

Any ideas on how to sort it?

My teacher suggested a gate - not a clue what this might be!!!

No luck being able to contact Line 6 - seems to be impossible as every "contact" link re-directs to their support form.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    You can email support there.
    Of course they want you to look in their forums, and FAQ
    Of course do the standard stuff - check for updated drivers
    Clean the computer up - get rid of stuff you don't need.
    Unplug anything on the USB you don't need. Don't use a USB hub, etc.

If you got a lot of other crap running, or you're adding more and more effects, you many need to increase the asio buffer size. Some may think that picking higher sampling rates would help the sound - but it can also load the CPU more. For direct play 16 bit 44.1khz is as good as any CD quality sound.

3. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    Thanks dude :)

I'll try these things and see how it goes. Fingers crossed!

4. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    re install new driver that came out 20 April 2010. A lot of static and poor audio can be caused by corrupted drivers. New driver on line 6 website.

After you download the new driver (but don't install yet) search your puter for the same file name as the one you downloaded and delete the old driver. Restart computer then install new driver. Restart puter and plug in the GX.

5. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    use google and type your question: you will find a lot of info especially if someone else had a similar problem.

6. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    Hi dude
    Thanks for the info, I'll try the new driver out :)

Tried google first, answers did come up but they're so vague.