Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

trouble with warmoth bridge holes

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by T-birdfan, Jul 21, 2002.

1. T-birdfan

T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I bought a jazz body with standard holes drilled for fender bridge. I bought a badass II which is also standard fender holes so it should have been no problem, but the holes won't match up.( they're all slightly off and not in a regular pattern). Has anybody else encountered this from warmoth, and is there anything I can do to remedy this. Thanks alot in advance for responding.

2. My Essex (supposedly a Fender clone in all specs) body didn't line up for my gotoh bridge. I had to dril new holes for the new bridge.

But with a $200 Warmoth body, you should contact them and see if there is anything they can do. I wouldn't start putting new holes in. See if they can exchange the body, or see if they will mount the bridge for you at their shop.

3. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    Unless something has changed recently with the Badass design, I'm not sure how this happened. I suspect that either you have a different pattern on your body than the Gotoh 201 (the 5-hole Fender equivalent bridge) or your Badass is different in some way.

Either way, give us a call and I'm sure we can figure it out.

4. T-birdfan

T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi Brian
    I rechecked the holes and when I line up the middle hole, the other 4 aren't out by as much as I originally thought. I think that if I put in the middle screw, then the 2 on either side then the last 2, it should be all right. If I should'nt do this let me know. But it is the Gotoh 201 bridge pattern. Thanks for your responses, Chaos and Brian.
    Tim

5. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    Actually, one of our sales guys (Matt) just put a Badass II on a Warmoth body of his and he had somewhat the same issue. He said the last screw was just a bit funny going in, but he didn't have any trouble tightening everything down.

I've never heard of this being a problem with real Fender bridges, so I suspect that there is a bit of "dimension drift" in the replacement parts biz. It may be that the Badass is a hair out of spec one way and Gotoh's is a hair out the other (probably a metric/english difference). Both work fine with Fender's stuff, but a little weird with each other.

I'd say go ahead and crank away, and let us know if you have any trouble.