Trouble with wiring on my bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MaxSBM, Oct 10, 2011.

1. MaxSBM

MaxSBM

Oct 10, 2011
    Hello!
    (first post!)

I am currently planning my first bass, but have encountered a problem, I have no clue how to wire my bass' Pickups and input jack. Can anyone give me a tutorial on wiring up a simple tone, tone, volume bass? or direct me to one?

2. MaxSBM

MaxSBM

Oct 10, 2011
    Sorry If this sort of thing has been posted before, I searched, but found nothing....

3. MaxSBM

MaxSBM

Oct 10, 2011
    Also, how does having two tone pots sound different from one? is it one tone pot per pickup?

4. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Well, you need to tell us what kind of bass, and what kind of electronics you're putting in it.

5. Two tones and one volume is not possible, unless you want to lose output isolating the pickups with series resistance.

6. MaxSBM

MaxSBM

Oct 10, 2011
    Ok, thank you, would you, in that case, know where I might find a Tone-Volume pickup wiring guide?

I'm building the body, (just a simple strat type body) I haven't decided on what electronics to use, something cheap, because it's my first build.. any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help so far :)

7. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Inactive Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Standard P-Bass Wiring Diagram

8. Muzoid

Muzoid

Feb 12, 2011
    Canada!
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021