1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Troubleshooting an Avalon U5 HELP!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bentoni, Mar 20, 2013.

1. bentoni

bentoni Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Howdy all,

Well, I 've had my U5 for about 8 years now. It has always been a staple for me and my sound. About 3 weeks ago, while playing a church gig, mid way through the set the avalon stopped sending signal. The power was on, but no signal was being sent to the board. after about 30 seconds it started sending signal again. Fast forward to today...same deal it stops I wait 30 seconds and it starts sending the signal again. Before I pay the money to send it off to Avalon for repair, does anyone know what is going on? Is it an easy fix? I would appreciate any knowledge out there

Bentoni

2. bentoni

bentoni Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    I have heard something about it being a fuse issue, but if the fuse goes out, why would it come back on? When I look at the fuse it doesn't look broken or burnt, however I've never changed the fuse since I bought it 8 years ago. Anyone know anything about the slow blow 250mv fuse in there?