Troubleshooting Gallien-Krueger 115 Backline

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Doug J. Needles, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Greeting fellows bassers and bassees (maybe it would be bassi) But that is besides the point. Okay, I own a Gallien Krueger 115 Backline amp, it has never let me down, has always had a great tone, and been a joy to own until recently. Recently, the amp shorts out a lot, there suddenly is no sound, and it kind of just "fizzles" out in the middle of my playing, which of course sucks. So, when this happens, I normally turn my amp off, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on and it works until the next "fizzle". Okay, now to clarify anything that is being thought right now. No, it is not the chord I am using because, I also own a small 15 watt practice amp, I played through that, and it never "fizzled" or anything of that sort, nothing happened other than me getting angry. Please help, I just got my American Fender Jazz Bass, and I want to play it through something with a good sound. Thanks in advance!
  2. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    Those backline amps are made pretty cheaply; my guess is that its overheating, and auto-shuts down to prevent damage.
  3. Well, I mean, It does it pretty quickly, and it happens in the middle of when I'm playing :-\ Anyhting I can do to fix it?
  4. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Doug, this is the number givin to me when I had a problem with my GK. Call this dude, he is real nice and will help you.

Call the office and ask for Arnel. he's our lead tech. 209 234 7300.
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "our"? You work for GK? Cool! :bassist:
  6. :eyebrow: The Backline amp is NOT made cheaply. We use the same parts that we use in our high end amps, just less of them and less power. And, they're made on the same assembly line.

It sounds to me like you're having trouble with your input jack. Check the GK website for an authorized service center or call the phone number in a previous post. Ask for Gene
  7. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Ha Ha, it does sorta look like that doesn't it, wish it was so!
    (copy and paste job)