Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trouser Flapper!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Aug 18, 2005.

1. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    lol I would rather have my two 4x10s. Plus do you know properly what condition this things in? As the bidding will go up majorly towards the end and you dont wanna buy a pile of horse :eek: now do u?

but if you think its cool go for it lol

2. Joey J

Joey J

Jul 12, 2005
    It looks impressive enough but it sure won't sound good. With the speakers mounted that wide I'd guess this thing would start comb filtering at no more than 300 Hz. Might be worth it for the drivers, toss the box and mount them in good cabinets. But that's a pig in a poke too since you don't know what they are.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

8x12"? Holy crap!

I guess that says it all! :p

4. I could be mistaken as I can't view the link in question from work, but I'm fairly certain that is a post-1970 Traynor YC-810 (the "Big B") cabinet. All the visual cues are there... chrome bumpers, velcro strips and the dolly board. Having owned a few I can tell you it's a fine cabinet but the drivers are 10"s and not 12"s as suggested. Very punchy!

5. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    [​IMG]

Thar Andrew.

6. i was certain that they were 10s! the cab itself doesn't even look big enough to house 10 12's!

i also considered bidding, but then something else caught my eye.... :D :D

7. Thanks popinfresh! Yes, I can say with some certainty that it's a Big B. Here's mine on top of the folded horn 18"

8. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Sheesh, thats big.....wonder what its' sensativity level is?

-Rob

9. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az

That picture is going next to the nekkid ladies in my band's rehearsal studio, heh, heh, heh. No, really, I'm printing it up now.