1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trower, Lordan & Dewar w/ Rustee Allen on bass??

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Thangfish, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Thangfish

Thangfish ...overly qualified for janitorical deployment...

Heads up for Trower/Dewar fans:

I just listened to a Trower show from Oct 18, 1977 on Wolfgang's Vault with this line up. (It's free)

I'd never heard of Rustee Allen, so I looked up his site to check him out. I'm sure y'all know all about him, right?

Anyway, I highly recommend this show!
    Jimmy Dewar's singing was vastly superior to other live stuff I've heard him do, and Allen added tremendously to the band with his smokin', funky bass lines. He has a solo @ 2:45 on Messin' The Blues.

2. Órale,
    The first time I heard Rustee was on Sly's "Fresh" album...great player..FON-KAY!!
    Bobbo77'

3. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    Wow! Thanks! I always thought this was a fantastic lineup.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Rustee did a couple studio as well as a live album with Trower, great player! Like Doug Rauch, Rustee is one of the overlooked players of the 70's.

5. Sneckumhaw

Sneckumhaw

Apr 26, 2006
    Earth
    I like the purity of the three man line-up with Jimmy bassing and singing... big influence.

But I guess I'd have to admit Allen is a more smoking bassist than Dewar. Hurts me to say it.

6. Thangfish

Thangfish ...overly qualified for janitorical deployment...

Me too dude, me too...

7. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    That is a great concert. I love Wolfgang's Vault, full of gems.