1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Troy Sanders

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by K-Funk, Mar 8, 2008.

1. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    On Blood Mountain, he recorded with a Mesa BB750 and a newer Mesa 4x12. While watching a bunch of live videos of Mastodon on Youtube (from 2006 and 2007), he's always got a backline of SVT-CL's or VR's, and Ampeg 8x10's. Are those rented or are they his?

Also, I read in a bass mag last year that he also tours with an SVT4-Pro. However, on every live video I've seen, he's using SVT-CL's and VR's. No evidence of a 4-Pro. Also, he's endorsed by Mesa.

Besides that, does anyone know what he used on Call of the Mastdon, Remission, and Leviathan?

2. eleven59

eleven59

Mar 6, 2008
    I know on Leviathan he used GK heads and cabinets because he wasn't getting the right sound out of any Ampegs he tried.

I think before that he used Ampeg.

3. AFAIK, he's been playing with Mesa cabinets live lately. Last I saw, it was some combination of 8x10's/4x12's (either one of each, or two of either), and two Ampeg VR's. I haven't checked up REALLY recently, but that was the setup all through the summer/fall/early winter of 2007.

Troy, as far as I can tell, is pretty sporadic about gear. New basses are always appearing, his rig seems random, and his pedalboard makes fairly drastic changes every so often. So keeping up can be kind of hard. I bet you it wouldn't hurt to toss the band's Myspace page a message. Worst case scenario, they don't operate it or you don't get a reply, and then your nowhere further back then where you started...

4. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Years ago I played(my old band) a gig with them in a dive bar in Asbury Park NJ. It was a pre show for the "March Metal Meltdown" they used to have there. I shot the breeze with the drummer & guitarist for a bit(IIRC, they had just ended a tour & were at odds) but I clearly remember setting up my gear in front of Troys & I could not believe what a ratted out bombastic set-up he had! No joke, it was beyond...with holes in the speakers & cabs lower corners, looked like it fell out of a plane, and yes, it sounded the way it looked. It was an ampeg fridge(8x10 cab), don't remember the head. They did however pull of a super tight set but their sound was way less then memorable...

~S~