Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TRS cable????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by katri, Oct 18, 2005.

1. im sorry to start a semi-guv'nor thread but i have just perchased 1 and am not sure where to get a cable for the loop ive done searches and not found anthin tha i understud i jus want to know where i can get them

many thanks
    Dan

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Hey Dan

I've had a word with a few other members, and we'd all like to help you - we just have no idea what the hell you're asking?! Can you try to describe what it is that you want again?

Cheers.

3. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Maybe he is talking about the loop that the original guvnor has. Right? If it is a single jack that says send/recieve you need to get yourself an insert cable. Go to any pro sound shop and ask specifically for an insert cable.

It is a TRS jack wired to send signal on the tip conductor and reciever signal on the ring conductor and sleeve stays grounded. Make sense?

I think that is is what you are after. Maybe I am completley wrong. I do want on old Guvnor though.

4. sorry,
    i was wondering where i could buy a cable that would enable me to use the loop function on it

dan

5. I had a Marshall Guv'ner and used a Tip Ring Sleeve cable to hook up a Boss Delay Pedal.

What you want to do is go to your nearest Radio Shack (or equivelent electronics store) and buy a cable that has 2 mono 1/4inch jacks on one end and 1 stereo 1/4inch jack on the other end.

As with this cable, you plug the 1/4 inch stereo end (Black) into the Guv'nors EF loop and the other end with the 2 1/4inch mono ends (Orange & Grey) into your send and return of the FX - if you don't get any sound try switching the Orange and Grey and remember what's what for next time.

Hope all that makes sense.

Benner

6. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Insert Cable. I'm telling ya its a common cable at most pro audio shops.

Piss on Radio Shack, molded ends suck. If its going into something that you plan on giging with do yourself a favor and spend $15 on a decent cable.

7. what kinda sound will i get using the loop on a guv'nor with say a delay?

8. Don't think he's got Radio Shack in England... good thing!

9. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    :D