Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Truck Bed Liner Covering for Cabs: Best Product Names?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassin' 'Round, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Bassin' 'Round

Bassin' 'Round Banned

Apr 30, 2005
    What are 2 or 3 really good choices for truck bed liner covering on cabs? Anyone? Thanks?

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    None, if you're thinking of DIY. Dura-Tex is what you want to use.
    http://www.acrytech.com/
    If you're going to have it professionally applied they're all similar, and all will leave a significant dent in your wallet.

3. Bassin' 'Round

Bassin' 'Round Banned

Apr 30, 2005
    Thanks very much, Bill. Guess the Acrytech DuraTex stuff is what I want. Greatly appreciated.

4. BassikLee

BassikLee Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    They make a roll on truck bed liner, sold at walmart, etc. It works well, wears pretty well, and is about $50/gallon. That said, it is NASTY stuff. I think I'll try Duratex for my current wedge project. Seems less "chemically".

Lee

5. DaveMcLain

DaveMcLain

Jun 19, 2005
    Cuba MO
    Rhino Liner is a popular brand in my part of the country(Central MO) and that stuff is really tough. I have a set of old 1-18 sub cabinets that are part of my PA system that are looking pretty rough and I'm thinking about stripping off all of the old vinyl covering and having them sprayed with that stuff but I've never checked out what it would cost, probably a lot...

6. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Not DIY, but I had my Bag End Q10 done with Line-X and it turned out great.