Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by twangchief, Aug 28, 2005.

1. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    truckin88 just purchased my Schecter California Custom 5 String.

Great communications and flawless exchange. Recommended TBer. Thanks Will !!!
  2. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I bought a Peavey 400 from truckin88. It had three damaged speakers, but I was given a partial refund. Then the amp completely crapped out on me the second time I turned it on. It put out a burning smell and the power started to fluctuate. Will seemed much more worried about what he would have to give me than the amp he sold me didn't work and three of the speakers were damaged. When I told him the amp stopped working the second time I turned it on I got the "I sold the amp as-is" spiel. I would not recommend business with this forumite.

3. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I sold a wah to Will earlier this week. It was a very smooth transaction, and I would not heasitate to do business with him again. Nice guy, too. :) Enjoy the pedal!
  4. truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY

I offered anyone who wanted to come to my house and try it to try, I was not trying to hide anything. I played it for a full week before, and had the amp checked out before selling it. I do admit not opening the grill of the cab to check the speakers for past repair, and did the right thing to offer a partial refund, cause that would suck if it happened to me. It always worked and sounded good to me. He had the amp for about a week before it blew up on him. I can't refund that, I have no idea, what went on while it was in his possession. I wouldn't have sold it broken, or at least relayed that info. There are so many things that could kill an amp, esp. a tube amp, both usage and user error, that after 5 days, there are no returns. I was not trying to be a d*ck to Mike, but I don't know him, he seemed nice, but how can I tell, how do I know he did not try to rebias it and screw it up. I sold it used, if you want returns and a 45 day check out period go to Musicians Friend, I am totally honest about what I sell. And tell off all defects. Like I said I think the partial refund on the speakers was enough. Plus it came with an extra complete set of new peavey power tubes.
  5. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Will(truckin88) purchased the hartke 210xl I had for sale.

Quick payment via PayPal. Experienced no issues.