1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

True Bypass 9V eq?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vanwoggy, May 11, 2011.

1. vanwoggy

vanwoggy

May 17, 2009
    I'm looking for something to add a bit of low end warmth to my musicman S.U.B., that will fit on my pedal board.....

I play a Bongo for 90% of the time and so have my amp set up for this bass, just like to pick up the S.U.B. for a bit of slap every now and again, I just feel its lacking a bit of low down growl.

As mentioned true bypass is important (although if mods are easy enough I know a few sound/electrical engineers) and preferably 9V to allow me to power from my supply.

I've been looking at boss and MXR, not really convinced by either, I see source audio is bringing out something that looks cool ......
    NAMM: Source Audio touts envelope filter, EQ

Anything else like this already available on market?

Would be cool to save settings, allowing switching between a few on stage.....

Cheers for any help

2. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    The Xotic RC Bass Booster sounds great, is TB and is powered by 9 Volts.
    ... but no presets here:(

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The Source, when it comes out, will be the choice for presets in a small pedal. Other pedals with EQ and presets are very large. One option would be to get two small analog EQ pedals and set them side by side, as a sort of presets. It would not be the smallest thing, but it could be smaller than e.g. the Sansamp Deluxe models or Boss EQ20. Two [sfx] Micro EQ's would be reasonably compact side by side.

4. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    How much will the Source EQ be?

5. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    We went over the schedule for the EQ today. I was too optimistic last time. Late July/August is a better time frame for availability. Sorry about that. Cost will be between $150 and $180.

By the way, may I ask exactly why you want "true bypass"?