Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

true bypass a/b switch?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jammadave, Nov 6, 2003.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    is there a true bypass a/b switcher out there that i don't have to custom order? I just want one side to go to the tuner and the other to go to my fx chain. also, do switchers need to be powered? i never thought about it before.

Man, i have a lot of n00b questions for somebody who's actually played bass off and on for the last 10 years. I gues it's just that now i care what my effects and such sound like =0)

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i would really recommend that you go with www.loooper.com.

that dude is just cool! i paid for mine this past tuesday.

morley has a neato one as well.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    ditto!

4. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    and so i did =0)

Dave sent me a quote last night - how long does it usually take to receive a loooper?

thx!

5. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Lehle... expensive, but worth the cost, if I must believe some others.

6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    The el cheapo DOD A/B box is totally passive...it's not true bypass because there's nothing to bypass, it's just a switch mounted in a stomp box.

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The Morley is good, only needs batteries to power the LEDs. But you don't need them. Leave it on A and B and one side to tuner, other to effects. Worked really well for me and the switch can be had new for $50 or used for about $35. It's called the Morley ABY.

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    if you email him again, he will tell you. i sent this dude so many emails and not one hint of rudeness! this guy is the real deal. i have not heard one bad thing about this guy.

:) ;)

10. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Yeah, I thought about that after asking here, so I did - and he did. Heluva guy thus far! and he makes neato sparkly boxes =0)