True Bypass Flanger

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SuperSluggard, Jun 26, 2004.

1. SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    Can you name a flanger with true bypass? I'd like something under $150 if that is possible. Thanks.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Check out the Red Witch Moon Phaser/Flanger

It works great & is very versatile + it's true bypass & analog.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

There is a funny trend going on with pedals these days.
    Bypass is becoming more important than the tones the pedal can produce.
  4. SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    so what are you saying?
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    People are worrying more about true bypass circuitry than the actual tones that an effect produces. He spelled it out pretty clearly.

If the pedal sounds great, but you think that it affects your clean tone, stick that effect in a effects loop. End of problem, and much cheaper than buying only pedals with true bypass circuitry.
  6. SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    Oh... I didnt know you could do that. :p

How is your effects loop different from the effects that are plugged straight into the amp? I mean, well, what is an effects loop? Sorry, just please answer my question so I can understand this. :rolleyes:

Edit - eh nevermind, i think i get it.
  7. Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Has anybody used the Red Witch phaser with a bass? I talked to the cat that makes them and he said there could be some tone problems.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Yep, I got one. Works great with bass as long as your active pre/signal isn't too hot. It does have an internal pot to adjust the input sensitivity. The company is a one man deal & he is very helpful/concerned with his products, which is an A+ in my book...

9. Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    Thanks DEVILMAN. I agree, this guy is aces...
  10. i'm using a BF-2.. sounds pretty good, not sure if it's true bypass...
  11. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    Ever since Music Toyz got those Red Witch toys in I've been wondering how they are with bass. Now my GAS for them is even bigger. Even if it sucked on the electric bass its still shiney.
  12. SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    No.. I just realized I can't have an effects loop (I can have effects though) on my amp. Damn you SWR!

No, I realy don't care. It's just fun to say "Damn you...!"
  13. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I think he meant a loop pedal. Just a box with an in & out loop and a true bypass switch. You put a pedal in the loop pedals loop and leave it on and then use the loop pedal to bring it in and out of the signal chain.

Here's some pre made

And for the do it your selfers a trick one with active blend.