Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

True Bypass stomp box

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bob Gollihur, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I've come to the conclusion that the only way I will be happy using effects is to be able to take them completely out of my signal chain when not in use. For that I need a true bypass stomp box to route my signal through and past an effects chain. I've seen a couple expensive ones, but remember seeing a sub-$50 one somebody was making from decent components, but search as I may, I can't find it. If I have to pay more than that I may as well just build one for myself. Can anyone turn me on to a source for one at a reasonable price? I just can't pay $90 for a switch, some jacks, resistors, battery clip and LED.

TIA!

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I agree with you totally! I bought a bypass pedal from Morgan Miller. He charged me $50. It's heavy duty and works very well.

I recently looked him up on the Net, and it seems that his web page is no longer working. If you can find him, his pedal is worth the money (especially for me since I can't solder anything for beans).

3. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I just did another search, and his web site is definitely down as of today anyway.

Maybe if you search the mail order retailers you might be able to find one. Here's a pic, it's the blue MMFX pedal.

[​IMG]

4. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music