1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

true bypass switch vs effects loop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassman_2_1, Sep 12, 2010.

1. bassman_2_1

bassman_2_1

Dec 31, 2005
    Just looking for some alternative options for building a better effects chain. So i thought i would hopefully get some answers with using my amps effects loop and is there any advantages? in my suituation i have this order of effects from guitar-- two channel true bypass switch(only using 1loop)---didgitech whammy--octave---envelope filter---EQ---distortion---phaser---flanger---chourus---delay- then back in loop and out to amp. My pedal board is a super mks pedal pad,which comes with a stereo routing module so it is easy enough to set up some effects to use on the amps effects loop. In my case just looking to tidy up my effects sounds a little, ie/ sometimes the sound will drop or peak a little.

So what advantages are there with amps effects loop? Do certain effects work better is the amps effects loop? any info would be great, i didnt really wanna spend hours undoing my pedal board and setting it back up-). cheers

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Hi, check the FAQ linked in my sig, there's an article that explains all about fx loops. :)

3. bassman_2_1

bassman_2_1

Dec 31, 2005
    Cheers bongomania- some nice info there, ill have a fiddle about. it took me ages to set up my pedal i didnt really wanna break it back down lol. But thanks again for that link- if i need a compryessor ill be checking out your list or reviews-)

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021