1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Truetone 1 Spot Adapter & Multiplug Cable

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Anyone use the above accessories to power your board? I got one but I'm paranoid that it will blow or something mid gig, despite overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon.

/\/\3phist0 likes this.
  2. No problem whatsoever! I used one for years. I just upgraded to the Truetone CS7 power supply which is isolated unlike the OneSpot which is the main drawback. For the price though it's tough to beat!

Jonny_Orange likes this.
  3. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    I used one for a while. If you keep adding pedals, you'll eventually want to upgrade to an isolated unit to prevent noise and provide more current, but if you're only using a few you should be fine with the OneSpot in most situations.

4. I use mine with 5 to 8 pedal no problem, not gigged it yet, but seems really solid.

5. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

I used one, it worked well.
    got a better supply with isolated outputs, never looked back. (which is now for sale see sig)

PM me we can work out a deal :) i'm not using mine !

6. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    I don't have a need for anything like that... yet. To be honest I'm much more interested in that Dragonfly!

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I used one for years, and only switched to an isolated PS because my EHX Pitch Fork would hum without an isolated PS, otherwise I'd still be using it.

Planespotter and /\/\3phist0 like this.
  8. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

Hit me up! I'm just letting the one spot sit, and I'm purging the unused cruft :)

9. Been gigging mine for years no problems. I do carry a backup but never needed it.
    While noise or not enough current can be a noisemaker it has not been an issue with my 12 effect set up with several high draw pedals and 2 vintage effect designs known for being trouble makers.

10. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll stop being so paranoid!

Jonny_Orange likes this.
  11. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    They are safe as can be. All it'll do is make your board noisy or maybe even cause pedals not to operate if you go over the output of the 1spot, which if I remember correctly is 1700ma. I used to power my board with 2 of them. Worked great for a long time but then as I got more digital and touchy pedals, I had to move to isolated power. But there is nothing wrong with a 1spot. You just can't run anything over 9v is all. And as long as you stay under the 1700ma or well below, you're golden.

I actually just hooked my sister board up with 1spot power again. It actually runs much cleaner now than with the beat ol PP ISO5 I was using. So go figure. It just depends on what you run on them.

12. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Good luck finding somebody here who hasn't used a One Spot at some point!

ak56 likes this.
  13. Planespotter

Planespotter

Oct 11, 2015
    Seattle
    I used a one spot and daisy chain on my board for a long time with no real issues, except for my pitch fork making a high pitched whine even when bypassed. All my analog stuff worked great though.

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Yep, the Pitch Fork is my one sticking point with the 1-Spot as well. But I really do like it and don't want to bag it, so I went Iso-Brick.

15. I had mostly good luck with my 1-Spot but I always got a hum from either my HOF Mini or my EHX Freeze which was a small nuisance though I was also running 7-10 other pedals as well. I just got a Truetone CS7 for Christmas and gave each its own input and now my board is whisper quiet!

16. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I use a 1-spot originally by visual sounds. it works pretty well with my effects. I do wonder if the truetone version of the 1-spot adaptor is more or less the same.

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    It's the same company. They just changed their name.

Crystalman85 likes this.
  18. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Okay that's explains it.

19. I've been using a one spot to power my pedaltrain mini for over a year. i keep my board near the drum riser with the one spot plugged into my furman. We don't tour but I've played about ten different venues with it and have never had any issues.

This is my current setup
    IMG_1651.JPG And here's the most power hungry setup I've used the one spot for.
    IMG_1446.JPG I do plan on getting a bigger board soon and am leaning towards switching to the one spot Pro.

As for the original one spot from what I've seen it really does depend on the pedals you use. Low draw analog pedals tend to be no problem. Some high power digital pedals for example the strymons seem to be where most of the complaints come from.